Monday, July 30, 2007

Recipes

Here's a great place to post favorite recipes and request recipes from fellow book club members.

7 comments:

The Social Pages Book Club said...

I would like to request Phyllis' recipe for the iced espresso's and the name of the espresso she used (again).

The Social Pages Book Club said...

Anyone else have a request or want to post a recipe?

Phyllis said...

I will bring copies of the iced espresso recipe to our next meeting.
Phyllis

The Social Pages Book Club said...

Thanks to Phyllis for her espresso recipe. I can't wait to try it. My husband went nuts for those brownies too! Hope you and Judy have a fabulous time on your cruise. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Phyllis said...

Sorry for this late "Thank You" to Jackie for the great food and "stimulating" conversation at her home. I am looking forward to our next meeting.

Phyllis said...

Hi, Everyone!
Judy and I are back and we had a fabulous time! The weather was great and we saw such spectacular things!
Sorry that I can not be at our next meeting but I hope to see all of you very soon!
Phyllis

The Social Pages Book Club said...

Joan Caputo's Spinach Squares


2 small boxes chopped spinach
4 Tbsp. butter
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 lb. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 small onion, minced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Drain spinach in colander and press out excess water. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter. Pour mixture into pan with the melted butter. Bake for 35 minutes. Let sit for 45 minutes before cutting into squares.

Great as an appetizer or side dish.