Thursday, January 14, 2010

At Last!



Hello there Social Pages. Yep, we're back online! I do apologize for not maintaining the blog; I'm just entirely too busy and keep forgetting. I can't believe how fast a month goes by now. It seems like we've just had a meeting when it's time for another one. So much has happened since my last post. We've enjoyed wonderful meetings at Sue's, Peggy's, Joan's and Elizabeth's since my last post. We also met at my house in October. We were scheduled to meet at Maria's this month but had to cancel for weather. Can't wait to see your new home, Maria! In December, we didn't have a regular meeting but enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Fin's Restaurant to celebrate the holidays. I just realized today that our first club meeting was three years ago tomorrow (January 15, 2007). So much has happened since then; we've lost touch with a few of our members and gained a few (wonderful) new members. We've read some interesting, intriquing, books and enjoyed stimulating, sometimes hilarious conversations. We've agreed on some points and disagreed on others. Perhaps most importantly, we've enjoyed each other....very much...and that's the most important thing of all (in my opinion). Yes, we're a "book" club and I very much love reading and discussing books, but the fellowship and friendship we have enjoyed in the past three years is so wonderful. Don't you think so?



I will try to post the names of our last few books on our blog as well as meeting information for next month. But, the reason I began the blog, aside from using it as a place to post book and meeting information, was to provide our members with a place to keep in touch and to discuss our book selections! PLEASE feel free to post thoughts here as you read our latest selection as this is OUR blog...I don't have to be the only one talking (just ask my husband!), and your thoughts will spur comments from other members. See you next month!

5 comments:

The Social Pages Book Club said...

P.S...What do you all think of having a movie night this winter? We could rent a movie based on one of our books!

The Social Pages Book Club said...

P.S.S. Joan asked that I request recommendations for her to read while we wait for our next meeting. Since we didn't meet in December or January, she's run out of book suggestions. Anyone???

The Social Pages Book Club said...

I can't remember all of the books we've read since May. I'm sure I enjoyed them, but I read so many books every month, I forget which ones are book club selections and which ones are just random. Help!

Elizabeth said...

I would like to suggest that we pick three books for the next three months and that we select them from book lists. I have a few lists: one from another book club (a selection of 300!), another from the New York Times and another from the Lewes Library.

I would like to spend more time on the selection and discussion of books; it seems that we have been selecting books kind of wily-nily.

I will send the list from my old book club to your email addresses and post the urls for the other two lists here and in the emails.

Please do not misunderstand me... I love our club; I just want to read more seriously.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/features/books/bookreviews/index.html

http://www.leweslibrary.org/links_resources/reading_lists.htm

Arora Saab said...

Click Link Follow My Page